Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

6 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

We need to just sell Lukaku and be done with it. We might as well be playing with a rubber duck up front.

I hope Greenwood gets a chance in the first team soon. If he can do even half as well as Rashford did when he got given his first chances he'd make Lukaku even more redundant.

• Upvote 1

I said to someone that Pogba is more important to United than De Bruyne is to City and he laughed! Laughed in my face. well who's laughing now No, I mean United don't have two Silvas running around all over the place like footballing wizards. Pogba links midfield with attack like no one else in the squad, marginalized Mata aside, and few in the league.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Loik V credern said:

United don't have two Silvas running around all over the place like footballing wizards.

That's because Gomes and Chong are still both in the under 23's :wub:

• Upvote 2

Back in the top 4. That genuinely seemed out of reach a couple of months ago when we were however many points behind :lol:

Edit: 11 points behind 4th and a goal difference of 0 when Ole took over!

50 minutes ago, spork said:

That's because Gomes and Chong are still both in the under 23's :wub:

Will they come through i wonder ? It recently seems like Manchester City's academy is producing real stars but it's nice that Man United have followed through with actually playing theirs rather than letting them go.

I knew a big Man United fan who had man united tv and watched a lot of the reserve games and swore by James Wilson. He had his chances but then you see Rashford appear once and score, then again and score, like everything just goes for him.

Chong's hair is amazing, he should never be allowed to cut it. I only go off highlights on youtube for young players, he looks brilliantly assertive on the ball, almost Zidane like, very confident and aggressive going forward like he's possessed. I am converted. Can't deny there's something Fellaini about his galloping style with the hair following though. *tells self* no he's the spirit of gullit and davids

A lot of the young players i watch look so good and it's not just a selected highlights making them look better than they are*. The quality is visible, but then with every single player, even those at the top they have to really strive for consistency and making the right decisions throughout a game. Even someone like Isco has been frozen out at Madrid and might leave, or wait for the current manager to get sacked. Mata was frozen out by Mourinho when he arrived back at Chelsea, and this season Ozil can't get a game. The most naturally gifted footballers of the last decade whose magic has no place in teams.

I really thought Dan Crawley and Zalalem at Arsenal would come through, and Marcus Edwards at spurs by now. I thought Nick Powell looked decent with a good shot on him. Seeing Macheda on pro evo it is like; oh you're still around, not heard from you in ages!? where have you been?

*like I'm not keen on Barcelona's new singing De Jong, for whatever reason. And Graham Hunter, who is positive about everyone involved in footballer ever, wasn't that effusive about him really. Seems sort of passive somehow. I think academies absolutely create talent that at 18 are technically ready, but physically maybe not, in terms of personality maybe not. It seems like, just throw them on for a good 30 minutes and you'll see if it works. Both Kane and Rashford only got their chances because of injuries and can we be certain it was always a given ? It's not fair to throw 5 of them in a cup game expecting them all to shine which never happens.

Watching more videos of Chong I'm just gonna be annoyed if he doesn't come through. great. :hmm:

Wonder what the line-up will be against psg?

De Gea

Shaw

Lindelof

Bailly

Young

Matic

Herrera

Pogba

Lingard

Martial

Rashford

4-4-3?

That's beginning to look like the established first 11 isn't it? We got there! We finally got there! It's all i asked for, was it that hard, really?

I'd give Solskjaer a one year contract based on getting the best out of Pogba alone, tbh. It won't be a surprise at all at this point to knock psg out and get fourth. I'm looking forward to Rashford showing how much better than Mbappe he is. It's not likely all three of Lingard, Martial, Rashford will have a storming game, one will perhaps relish the stage and it might be Lingard. Perhaps Martial is taken off at 75 minutes and with the game at 1-1 Sanchez scores a late header. Only for Lukaku to also come on and a goal line scramble results in the ball bouncing off his shin and going in, hysteria ensues and the scoreline impresses again.

2 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

4-4-3?

Not sure that’s allowed, unless you’re doing rush goalie to make it work. 

city have smashed Chelsea that bad, we now have a  better goal difference than chelsea and arsenal...0_o

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tbb said:

Big game for us against Chelsea coming up. Although if they play like they did today we'll be fine. 

Have someone man mark Jorginho (Lingard is probably the best man for the job) and we'll most likely win. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I was just thinking exactly that - get Lingard on wind up duty. Unless Sarri has gone by then, or has somehow become less stubborn and decides to move Kante alongside him, that will still be the way to beat this Chelsea side.

30 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

city have smashed Chelsea that bad, we now have a  better goal difference than chelsea and arsenal...0_o

Arsenal have actually gone up a place today without even playing. I can't imagine that happens very often.

Who’s excited for tonight then? If you’d have asked me when we were drawn against PSG, I’d have said we’d defintely be going out, but now, especially with their injuries, I think we’re in with a good shout. Funny that, when the only thing that’s changed at the club is that toxic twat of a manager we had, isn’t it?

• Upvote 1