No More Heroes

I'm giving up for tonight - this is pure frustration.

Anyone have any idea why the cheat code doesn't work? I checked my SD card, in the folder for NHM, and it had 2 files: RNHE41.txt, which is the cheat file itself, and checking it against those online, it seems correct. Then a second file, RNHE41x.txt

Now, using CoverFLoader, I've put cheats to on, but no dice.

Anyone use this before? Or is this a question for the homebrew thread?

Trying to get back into this but I believe I am rank 5 but in the back of mind I want to start again as I can't remember the earlier bosses... Saying that finding all those ball things again :angry:

Once you complete the game is there anything like a boss survival mode so you can just play against the bosses?

I didn't find Shinobu too hard after the first time I beat her, but

Sir Henry mother fucker

was a fucking bitch, I can't beat him for my life, I kinda want to see the secret ending without resorting to YouTube.

Shinobu was the first battle I had to redo a couple of times, but it was very satisfying as well.

I managed to beat

Henry

on my first try on Mild though, but it took me about five tries on

Bitter

, mostly because of his devastating Dragon Ball Z-like attack. It was a massive battle though, must've at least taken me fifteen to twenty minutes or so.

Cheated and beat her. The bitch used her unblockable one-hit kill 3 times before she went down.

Not cheated since. Died a few times with the beach boss, but it was a fun enough battle to keep redoing.

I love the surreal style to this game. Anyone else find all of Suda 51's heavily reminiscent of the TV series Wild Palms?

Cheated and beat her. The bitch used her unblockable one-hit kill 3 times before she went down.

Not cheated since. Died a few times with the beach boss, but it was a fun enough battle to keep redoing.

I love the surreal style to this game. Anyone else find all of Suda 51's heavily reminiscent of the TV series Wild Palms?

Good spot. It's a lot like any LA surrealism, really, like The Player too. Stylistically amazing game.

Shinobu was easy compared to Holly Summers and BAD GIRL (latter's impossible without dark stepping). Rest were quite easy, I thought. I might boot it up after Sports Resort, just to hear Sylvie's "Garden of Madness" phone call again,

Awesome, awesome game.

Cheers Treb, I'll have to look into that film you mentioned.

Shinobu was easy compared to Holly Summers

I thought Holly was dead easy (on MILD/Medium, anyway). Lock on, side step a bit, slap her around with HIGH attacks, and when she blocks go for a beat attack, dizzy, wrestling move for MASSIVE DAMAGE, repeat. Took her down in a couple of minutes and got a high ranking for my speed.

Shinobu's problem is she isn't easy to dizzy.

I'm assuming the lack of response means the answer to this question is a no

Once you complete the game, you need to play through it again, with all your moves/stats/weapons, in order to unlock really cool bonus items (those playing cards give you bonus stuff in GAME 2. Technically, the game doesn't start until you've completed it once. Or something. So finish it, and do it again.

:)

• 11 years later...
23 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Lite compatible according to the store page so presume they've added a non-waggle control system?

Looks like it going by the launch trailer? You wiggle the stick to recharge.

I always thought No More Heroes was a perfect game for waggle controls, and it's just as great on the Switch. I struggle to play it via the non-motion way as I'm so used to motion controls.

I've noticed some of the soundtrack has changed slightly though? You used to hear the K-ENT music when you would go for an assassination mission but it's changed to something else. I've also heard the "Kill or be Killed Mix" also being played in some scenes which I only remember from the sequel.