rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

27 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Why would you have so many games installed?! 

Having 40+ games staring at me makes it really easy to decide what to play next.

• Upvote 2

I don't think so. Mine all queued up in downloads at staggered times and I had to click them all to bump them to the front of the queue, then they all downloaded 0 bytes and said they were updated.  Weird. Twice now in a few weeks. 

*shrug*

• Upvote 1

I was up late last night, and was just about to have one last cheeky game of Spelunky, when a wave of blue updates ran down my library (I think it was about 1.30am). This included an update for Spelunky, which I'm pretty sure hasn't been updated in years. I should've checked to see if my game had been updated, because as a one-man team that would be news to me.

I'm having the same issue, about 20 games all looking to download an update of exactly 609.2 MB each. Bizarre.

Edit: Oh right, downloading it for one downloaded it for them all. Never mind.

So I've been using the Steam controller for a month or so now.   I still can't get used to the one REAL control stick. That and the tweaking needed to get the other thumb pads to do what you want them to do is not what I want from my gaming.  Just doesn't have the immediacy of picking up a controller or a keyboard and mouse.   You either get an approximation of a mouse or the game doesn't really suit it.   For instance Subnautica. I just can't get it to treat the mouse look how mouse look works with a real mouse.  It's either not sensitive enough or carries on with momentum almost even after I've stopped scrolling.    Very annoying.  Anyway,  I guess I'm saying I fall on the side of the people that said it was a nice experiment and something that could be useful in some scenarios but for the most part is just too fidly.  A shame really as I was hoping it was going be my main controller while playing through the steam link. 

Chinese new year sale started.  You get some free tokens to spend on profile tat depending on how much you've bought on Steam apparently...  I got 1000 tokens for my measly purchases recently, but I bet some of you guys are probably token millionaires right?!

4500 here. That works out at just over 4 tokens per game (I'm on a rather nifty 1111 of the buggers)! Glad to know my custom over the years amounts to getting less than a third of the way to a £5 off voucher. Or, to put it another way, I'd have to spend £82.68 in the sale to bump my points high enough to get that £5 off.

I think I'll pass.

• Empathy 1

During Steam’s Lunar New Year Sale, qualifying purchases over £30 will receive an automatic discount of £5.

What does this mean?  One game over £30, or a load over £30?  It's not very clear.  

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

4500 here. That works out at just over 4 tokens per game (I'm on a rather nifty 1111 of the buggers)! Glad to know my custom over the years amounts to getting less than a third of the way to a £5 off voucher. Or, to put it another way, I'd have to spend £82.68 in the sale to bump my points high enough to get that £5 off.

I think I'll pass.

Well, I just purchased game 300 yesterday and I have been awarded 4k tokens, so I think it might be related to more recent game spend rather than overall historical, or you'd have shitloads more than me!  

I'm a big fan of having a large library of games installed; the initial outlay for a huge harddrive the only real obstacle. If I go to my bookshelf I can pick up any book and read it immediately, and it ends up being only a little bit of self-work to defeat choice paralysis within yourself. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Well, I just purchased game 300 yesterday and I have been awarded 4k tokens, so I think it might be related to more recent game spend rather than overall historical, or you'd have shitloads more than me!  

Reading up on it, it sounds like the pre-sale reward capped out at 5000 points, and I'm guessing it's a logarithmic scale. Either way, not the most generous scheme they could have come up with, instead being little more than a disguised "spend £80-120, get £5 off" offer.

• Empathy 1

Very pleasantly surprised that the 50% discount for owning Dark Souls PTDE stacks with the 25% sale discount for a tidy 75% off the remaster. I'm not convinced that's intentional so I'd grab it ASAP if you have the option and want the game.

Got that, Thimbleweed Park and Psyvariar for the extra £5 discount. Liquid Steam sale-ing.

• Upvote 3

Has anyone played Supraland?

It's described as a first person puzzley Metroidvania, and I think it's by the guy who did the old notpr0n browser puzzle games. Down to £15 in the sale... I'm just wondering if it's any good.

9 hours ago, schmojo said:

Has anyone played Supraland?

It's described as a first person puzzley Metroidvania, and I think it's by the guy who did the old notpr0n browser puzzle games. Down to £15 in the sale... I'm just wondering if it's any good.

Played the demo for an hour or so and I really like it. Got enough else on that it can wait until it leaves Early Access but it's good. Apparently the Portal stuff comes in later (sounds like there is around 20h of game).

As an update, I'm about 5 hours into Supraland and really enjoying it. The respawning enemies can be annoying, but the puzzling is genuinely clever and keeps the cogs turning at all times.

Already worth the £14 I paid.

• Upvote 1

Square Enix sale, up to 80% off and I got 30 quid to spend!

Should I get newest Tomb Raider or Just Cause 4? I dont dare try any of the final fantasy games as I dont understand them anymore. 

Just a reminder folks that with the latest Monthly Humble Bundle going fully live today to pick it up before then if you want EDF 4.1. It basically has every bit of EDF 4.1 content available on Steam in it including the 2 mission expansion packs. That's a damn fine bargain there if you want some bug shooting action.

2 hours ago, mr_woo said:

Just a reminder folks that with the latest Monthly Humble Bundle going fully live today to pick it up before then if you want EDF 4.1. It basically has every bit of EDF 4.1 content available on Steam in it including the 2 mission expansion packs. That's a damn fine bargain there if you want some bug shooting action.

Do you need to subscribe or is that just a one-off? I'd have it if it was the latter. Does that run at 60fps on PC?

5 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Do you need to subscribe or is that just a one-off?

You can subscribe and then cancel after you get the games, I think, and end up just paying for one month.

If you want to know what the other games are likely to be tonight, they possibly leaked earlier.

• Upvote 1