Mass Effect 1 - let's keep ME3 spoilers out of this one too pls

I own a PS3 and PC, i don't want to shell out £279.99 for a 360 just to play one game, fuck that.

Guess what? You can also play Alan Wake on it. There's two games! And for that price you'll also get some free games such as Forza 2, only on 360. Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry about your PS3 purchase. :lol:

Looks ace, but i'll wait until it comes out on PS3/PC. And no, i don't give a shit how long i will have to wait. :unsure:

You'll be waiting a very long time for the PS3 port, seeing as Microsoft are publishing it. :blink:

You'll be waiting a very long time for the PS3 port, seeing as Microsoft are publishing it. :lol:

the_dude says:

Right now I cant, but look at next update coming!!!:

PS3 firmware update 2.3

- Turns your CRT into HD plasma to override SD 50hz issue

- Subliminally projects the words Home, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid into your mind to chant to anyone who says "where are da gamez man?"

- Enables 360 forwards compatibility :unsure: Play all 360 games so 2007 goes by with less pain :blink:

If anyone knows Bioware, then they know the company ports all of it's IP on to the PC i.e. KOTOR, Jade Empire, MDK 2, etc. So you can hardly call it exclusive because its available on another system other than the 360.

Yeah, it should defo come out on PC.

I doubt a PS3 port though, which I made fun of above. They are quite chummy with MS no?

I'd like to see Bioware release it on all platforms (PS3/PC/360) the game must have cost a bomb to make, it would make sense for them to exploit the game on all platforms and make more of a mint, not unless MS have already given them a big fat cheque. LOL. Plus more gamers would be able to play this potentially excellent game.

I'd like to see Bioware release it on all platforms (PS3/PC/360) the game must have cost a bomb to make, it would make sense for them to exploit the game on all platforms and make more of a mint, not unless MS have already given them a big fat cheque. LOL. Plus more gamers would be able to play this potentially excellent game.

Once again, Microsoft have the publishing rights.

They haven't had to give them a cheque to secure exclusivity.

They own the rights to the franchise already.

If anyone knows Bioware, then they know the company ports all of it's IP on to the PC i.e. KOTOR, Jade Empire, MDK 2, etc. So you can hardly call it exclusive because its available on another system other than the 360.

And who owns the operating system that people have to use? Who would be publishing the title? Microsoft win either way.

If a no-name title was released multi-format then those that own a console won't be as enticed as much as if it was exclusive to their format.

If a no-name title was released multi-format then those that own a console won't be as enticed as much as if it was exclusive to their format.

What's more, multiformat titles cost more, especially if you're developing each version side by side rather than porting.

They haven't had to give them a cheque to secure exclusivity.

They own the rights to the franchise already.

I don't think MS own the rights to the franchise itself, rather they'll have already negotiated/commissioned x amount of Mass Effect games to release on MS hardware. So the games won't be going to the PS3 any time soon, but Bioware haven't passed ownership of the Mass Effect brand to them, so there's always a chance that once the agreement expires, new titles could be released on other formats. But Bioware are very close to MS and Windows platforms, so it would take one hell of a tiff to make them defect...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking very slick. I was slightly worried during character creation, the zoomed in face didn't look too hot, zoomed out it looked spot on though. Nice to hear about the apparent framerate and AI improvements as well, November can't come soon enough.

So you can hardly call it exclusive because its available on another system other than the 360.

But it won't be available this christmas and not on a cheap system. Sometime in the future? Probably. Doesn't matter too much. It seems that once again the hottest game will debut on the 360. It's almost becoming a pattern this generation.

I agree, game looks incredible. Not convinced about the vehicle sections though.

My thoughts exactly. The conversation system looked unreal, and the pausing action and waypoints thing looks a lot better than the old version that's on the old Xbox Live videos. Vehicle bit looked flat and uninteresting, although I liked that the Experience window pops up on the right even when driving.

Vehicle bit looked flat and uninteresting.

Totally, but the thing that lass said about it being the equivalent of those little shooty minigames in KOTOR and Jade Empire puts it in context a bit. It's just a bit of dumb blasting fun to break up the tactical on-foot combat, and provide a bit of scale to the locations.