Rowan Morrison

Audio Club

On 10/11/2018 at 11:37, morcs said:

Shit I need to spend a lot of money.

Just bought/downloading Scarbee EP-88s

Are most amateur musicians pirates still? I was always the idiot who paid for stuff.

I also have the Akai MPK249, lovely keyboard, very useable.

Someone I know very well indeed used to pirate everything but there was a point where it tended to come with unwanted nasty adware or worse, switched to freeware synths and effects, but more recently invested in actual software. Personally I think it's worth it. Ableton Live 10 Suite is £449 or so and frankly it's all someone needs.  Compared to a capable hardware set-up that's really good value.

• Upvote 1

If no-one minds I'll link to this thread in trading where I'm selling a copy of Ableton Live and an AKAI midi controller. You may not be surprised, given that I've never posted in this thread, that I am not making very good use of them. Please rescue my things from their sad life of neglect.

Oh and please do let me know if I'm asking a ridiculous / unreasonable price.

14 hours ago, maryliddon said:

This is a very fun new toy

I watched a minute or two then jumped ahead to see what you were going to end up with and couldn't believe it.  That's great! 

Recently got inspired to write some simple 70's Jazz funk sounds, albeit with some better sources. Basically i was playing rhodes over a string chord and bass and then fitted everything on top. As i was mainly hitting random chords with a scale i didn't think about the sections so some of the reapeating motifs arn't in any structured order. I added a spacey Synth to try and circumvent that flaw :)...

• Upvote 1

Does anyone use a loop pedal/looper? It seems like something that would be dead easy to do in software, but I've tried the Ableton one and it's a bit shit in terms of being on a per track basis. I guess you could just use a regular sequencer and put it in a loop though.

I just want to imitate Marc Rebillet :D

@morcs do you have an iPad (or I guess actually a lot of people use iPhones for this). There's some pretty neato looper apps for that (Loopy HD is the most well-known I think) if you can get the thing working in your workflow.

• Upvote 1

I do have a Mini 2. I guess you have to put the audio in and out via the TRRS (headphone) jack?  That could be possible.

That's one way, although audio in via that jack is mono I think, if that matters. Or you end up getting into various ways to connect via the Lightning port which will give you more power but it immediately becomes probably more complicated than you want. I've not really used it in a wider context, only on the iOS device itself with something like Audiobus routing in sources.

• Upvote 1