Sign in to follow this  
APM

I AM TUROK!

IGN Interview

Now, I have soft spot for Turok. God knows why. But the thought of another one actually makes me smile. The first two screenshots don't bode particularly well, but the third one, with the big ole dinosaur makes me moist in the right area.

I love dinosaurs. I love shooting them.

They just better have the "I AM TUROK!" voice in there. Then I'll be happy.

The first one is a bit of a forgotten classic in my opinion. At the time it was jaw-dropping.

All the others failed to capitalise on what made the first so good, and hence veered off in entirely the wrong direction (especially 3's lame attempts to ape Half Life).

The first thing they should fix is to make Turok the proper height. In Turok 2 it was like playing as Oddjob!

Yeah I loved the first one - the blood spurting from the enemy's necks always made me smile, and the psychadelic cheat thing was fun on mushrooms.

I know, Link. I'm not that happy about it being mostly humans v humans to be honest with dinosaurs caught in the middle. Sounds like King Kong to me. Still, I hope there's more to it. I want to shoot big ass dinasoids!

exactly what I thought mate! WTF are space marines doing in there?!

A return to form for Turok would be most welcome. I want a big jungle, long draw distance, and that ridiculous gun (the name of which escapes me). I want to fire the gun, and watch the trees FALL, baby!

I loved the original Turok, that this new team say they are using it as inspiration is encouraging, although they would say that wouldn't they. I like the idea of the seamless world and that the team are putting effort into the behaviors of the dinasuars, cunjours up images of luring them towards unsuspecting enemies/other dinosaurs, really inloving you in the game world. Wether that plays out anything like that only time will tell.

A return to form for Turok would be most welcome. I want a big jungle, long draw distance, and that ridiculous gun (the name of which escapes me). I want to fire the gun, and watch the trees FALL, baby!

I know the gun you mean! That is possibly the greatest weapon ever to be used in a game. Firing a ball of energy into the middle of an enemy infested village only to watch the gloriously OTT explosion throw Every. Single. One of them high into the air is an experience that has you constantly grining from ear to ear.

I'll never forget the first Turok. When I saw the waterfall for the first time my jaw dropped. It looked amazing.

I'll never forget the fact that I had to walk back into town after I got back to try to find a memory pak (third shop had them in the end). But yeah, I don't think I have anything but good memories of Turok, really. I used to just run around the dinosaurs marvelling at the graphics rather than killing them. The slow ones, at any rate.

If I don't get to shoot people in the neck with a bow and arrow I'm not interested :lol:

I'll echo the sentiments here - the first game was very impressive and much fun after that it was down hill.

Lets hope this will be more like the first game than any of the others.

Cheers

Quexex

All this talk of sneaking around in the jungle, killing humans whilst Dinosaurs eat stuff reminds me of Far Cry. Only with more dinosaurs, obviously. And Space Marines.

and that ridiculous gun (the name of which escapes me). I want to fire the gun, and watch the trees FALL, baby!

The CHRONOSCEPTRE :lol:

Yeah that was cool. Totally game-breaking but hilarious.

I paid 65 quid for the first Turok.

and I loved it.

Real jaw dropping stuff at the time.

I was also really enjoying Turok 2, until I got to one level where the save points were just too far apart - so I gave up.

Multiplyer Turok 2 was a HOOT!

So, sort out that franchise, get some cool stuff going with the Wii (stabbing stuff ftw).

EDIT: it's for the PS3 and it has space marines. no longer interested. </fanboy>

A return to form for Turok would be most welcome. I want a big jungle, long draw distance, and that ridiculous gun (the name of which escapes me).

Make your mind up! :lol:

I loved the first Turok but hate all the sequels and those screenshots certainly don't impress me. All that futuristic shite can fuck off, I want to be a hardcore, knife wielding Indian guy again.

I remember being particularly impressed that the "improved draw distance" for Turok 2 was moving the dense fog about 2 metres further away from than player than was seen in Turok 1.

I remember being particularly impressed that the "improved draw distance" for Turok 2 was moving the dense fog about 2 metres further away from than player than was seen in Turok 1.

Still a 300% increase then.

I'm hoping for a good next gen turok, I loved turok 2, a very impressive game for its time, especially with the expansion pack.

btw does anyone know if theres an audio clip online of the "I am turok" line?

What happened to those cunts people who won a competition to change their names to Turok? Lucky bastards.

They were all actors.

Looking forward to this, the originl was great, and I was rather fond of the sequel.

I want to see bad guys riding dinosaurs with rocket lanchers on their backs and whatnot.