Gaming Podcasts

Beertiger

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Well I thought it was funny!

The problem here is that this is about integrity. And not just any type of integrity, but the integrity of an amateur British Videogames Podcast! 

I had a big old smile on my face all the way through that opening half an hour, and I'm one of the people who complained when Dave went full on ego-bastard last time. As Jamie John says, it's entertainment. It's Eastenders. You know it's all going to kick off next week during the feedback section and it'll be really funny when it does. I'm still smiling at the line "you three would be shit in a court" as if a court is just people shouting as loud as possible over each other in faux cockney swagger. 

Dave isn't dangerous because he's good at arguing. He's dangerous because he thinks he's good at arguing. So he wont back down. But he's done. James being on Reddit is the key. He's got no wiggle room on that. It's the same thing and Dave went mad about it. He should be done. It's just up for the lads to get it over the line. 

31 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

The problem here is that this is about integrity. And not just any type of integrity, but the integrity of an amateur British Videogames Podcast! 

I had a big old smile on my face all the way through that opening half an hour, and I'm one of the people who complained when Dave went full on ego-bastard last time. As Jamie John says, it's entertainment. It's Eastenders. You know it's all going to kick off next week during the feedback section and it'll be really funny when it does. I'm still smiling at the line "you three would be shit in a court" as if a court is just people shouting as loud as possible over each other in faux cockney swagger. 

Dave isn't dangerous because he's good at arguing. He's dangerous because he thinks he's good at arguing. So he wont back down. But he's done. James being on Reddit is the key. He's got no wiggle room on that. It's the same thing and Dave went mad about it. He should be done. It's just up for the lads to get it over the line. 

I just enjoy how he plays them all like a fiddle and they let him get away with it. The same thing happened in the GOTY show. I was shouting at the radio in the car, telling them what to say, ha.

It's all good fun. I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

21 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I don't think anyone should read too much into it.

This is correct. Though It’s not a case of too much. It’s a case of anything. 

If you’re genuinely getting upset about this then I feel sorry for you and question your grip on reality. And I include the presenters in that too!

26 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

If you’re genuinely getting upset about this then I feel sorry for you and question your grip on reality. And I include the presenters in that too!

My favourite arc on the show is Mat losing his mind over "the bet." You can argue for hours over whether he was cheated or not but it is so funny hearing him go quiet every time it's brought up that it was all worth it. 

Loved the TCGS E3 show.  Excellent work again boys, you really are fantastic. 🥰

51C22DFA-9753-4F5F-9D4E-7A0DB37DE7F3.jpeg

Just listening to the Nextlander Podcast in the car (and good lord this photo shows a multitude of sins, I’m gonna have to give that a scrub later…) and I’ve just noticed that they’ve managed to have the name of every game they are talking about come up on the screen when they are talking about it.  I’m guessing it’s done manually with time stamps and chapters or something, and that it’s probably quite a lot of effort for something most people won’t notice or give a shit about, but I like it.  

On 17/06/2021 at 08:11, ulala said:

I know you cant please everyone, and i know its "banter", but the opening section of the current podcast is exactly why the David Turner character needed an apology a couple of years ago.

I always skip the first 20 minutes. Shame, as the rest is the best podcast on gaming full stop. But the bants is just, and always has been, utterly immature

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Loved the TCGS E3 show.  Excellent work again boys, you really are fantastic. 🥰

51C22DFA-9753-4F5F-9D4E-7A0DB37DE7F3.jpeg

Just listening to the Nextlander Podcast in the car (and good lord this photo shows a multitude of sins, I’m gonna have to give that a scrub later…) and I’ve just noticed that they’ve managed to have the name of every game they are talking about come up on the screen when they are talking about it.  I’m guessing it’s done manually with time stamps and chapters or something, and that it’s probably quite a lot of effort for something most people won’t notice or give a shit about, but I like it.  

This is one of the things I always appreciated about having Vinny hosting the Beastcast - the fact that he'd go out of his way to repeat the name of the game they're talking about if the discussion has lasted a while.

As someone who listens to podcasts in the background, my concentration tends to waver so having that repetition definitely helps if the topic sounds interesting.

As someone who only half-watched most of E3, I have no idea what the lies actually were or if the big lie was that there was no big lies. I'm as intrigued for next weeks show as Elmo was at the end of this one. 

40 minutes ago, Marzipan Travolta said:

Regarding TCGS. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone at one point.

Hide contents

Did they just utterly fabricate the Nintendo conference before they even watched it?

Spoiler

Yes

27 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

As someone who only half-watched most of E3, I have no idea what the lies actually were or if the big lie was that there was no big lies. I'm as intrigued for next weeks show as Elmo was at the end of this one. 

I love the idea of people listening to the show and not realising how much we lied about. Brilliant.

2 hours ago, murray said:

I love the idea of people listening to the show and not realising how much we lied about. Brilliant.

Utterly immature 

I’m thinking they might have pushed the joke too far.  Hopefully Elmo will rip them a new one..I feel they have actually damaged the podcasts credibility with this.

31 minutes ago, Welrain said:

I’m thinking they might have pushed the joke too far.  Hopefully Elmo will rip them a new one..I feel they have actually damaged the podcasts credibility with this.

What? The whole idea is they're putting lies in there!

Surely no-one is using this podcast as their sole source of E3 news.

I think this was the ballsiest and best they've done of these annual shows.

Yes a few lies, but I listen to hear their opinion about what they saw at the show. I guess they may have felt they covered that in the talks over and decided to go big as e3 was relatively boring. I’d have preferred if they went over the lies at the end of the programme rather than waiting a week.

I suppose that would be one way of doing it, and they do briefly consider a reveal at the end of the episode.

I would love to have seen Turners stream his reaction to the Nintendo direct though.

I think Dave was a bit pished and everyone was knackered by the end of the pod this week, so I can understand their decision not to reveal THE TRUTH on this episode. And I agree with @wretcherd - watching Dave's reaction to the Nintendo conference would be great.

Also, in an episode a few weeks ago now, the boyz were all having a larf about something and  @murray quoted The Office, specifically the bit where Brent says 'Banter, yeah? Nothing vicious'. This really tickled me at the time, and for some strange reason it's been stuck in my head for ages. I don't know why, especially seeing as all of them (bar Sean, although he, too, has started to recently) quote The Office all the fucking time. Inspired by Mat, I actually managed to work the same line into some top bantz I was having with my chums at work the other day, but they didn't get the reference, so it was a bit awkward.

Anyway, top work guys!

5 hours ago, jcafarley said:
  Hide contents

Yes

Amazing. :D

I was actually surprised that you didn't slip any lies in before that point. I was wondering if you were finally going for the zero lies fake out, but then that section kicked off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something terrible has happened in the world of gaming podcasts and I feel deeply uncomfortable. It's probably ruined my day tbh. 

TCGS spoilers:

Spoiler

One of the Full Nels Crew has left.

Dave should have done a trigger warning for those of us who say their names along at the start of an episode like some cult like ritual.

On 14/07/2021 at 06:51, Marzipan Travolta said:

Something terrible has happened in the world of gaming podcasts and I feel deeply uncomfortable. It's probably ruined my day tbh. 

TCGS spoilers:

Hide contents

One of the Full Nels Crew has left.

Dave should have done a trigger warning for those of us who say their names along at the start of an episode like some cult like ritual.

Which one? I didn’t notice.