Bojangle

The Random WoW Thread

32 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Going to agree with Radish here.

The benefits of not having sharding only really apply to the game later on. It makes zero impact to the initial say 1-30 experience.

Disagree when 1-30 can be several months of gameplay for some people, like it did for me back in the day.

After the listening to the panels I think the classic team know what needs to be done and what we want. They've pretty much said that they know sharding isn't in the spirit of vanilla, they'll even be banning mods that simplify the game, awesome! That's certainly lifted my concerns a bit. Quite a few team members are also from the original development team.

Worst comes to worst, much like Tipster says below, we can simply ignore launch until sharding is gone. Ideally won't take long.

28 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Who's paying for that? :rolleyes:

Activision Blizzard's big fat wallet. Oh and the bank they'll be making from mobile diablo from Asian players.

• Downvote 1

Whilst 1-30 can take several months for some people, they still need sharding at launch purely to prevent dead servers emerging once the launch period is over.

I'd rather live with sharding momentarily to ensure my server isn't a desolate waste finding myself having to re-roll onto a new server.

The WoW Classic panel was absolutely great, and I'm confident that all of the decisions they've made are for good reason, whether it's sharding, Rogue energy ticks or mail limitations. All are exactly what I would've done given the choice.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Loki said:

I'm confident that all of the decisions they've made are for good reason

Modern WoW is in the mess it is because of this thinking. While there's no reason to doubt them too much yet, not critiquing only harms them, doesn't help. Because these are the same people who said 'You think you do, but you don't'. They did not know shit, not too long ago.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NEG said:

Modern WoW is in the mess it is because of this thinking. While there's no reason to doubt them too much yet, not critiquing only harms them, doesn't help. Because these are the same people who said 'You think you do, but you don't'.

But I am critiquing them. It's just that I actually looked at what they have said and I happen to agree with everything they have said.

1 hour ago, Bojangle said:

I'd love to see an MMO designed by Neg.

It'd be fucking awful.

Sonic MMO would be pretty neat.

Also, anyone saying vanilla/classic plays slow need to remind themselves just how quickly the game can actually be pushed:

I'm absolutely hooked on exploiting the lack of global cooldown on things like Cold Snap, Iron Grenades and the rotation of various trinkets into the cast chain, Tidal Charm being a favourite. So awesome when the interrupts 'break' the character animations.

That said I'm likely going to be going Destruction Warlock again. Hardly a good idea with my limited game time these days, but let's see.

Is there a rllmuk clan or something for this? My wife and I have just started playing as something we can play together, wouldn't mind joining up with you guy's one day in the very distant future :lol:

We shall be dawdling through it and whether we do raids and whatnot down the road remains to be seen but you never know!

And if there is a clan what server do you guys play on? We're still toying with characters and classes at the moment so aren't too far in.